welcome

Welcome to Vacances, a blog where I share a snip of my traveling experience.
Here you will find some recommended places worth to travel,, most of them are places in Bali and around. But you may also find some places outside Indonesia..
Enjoy!!

Friday, December 27, 2013

Snow in Norway

From the title of this post you already know what i experience. I experience Norway!!! This trip means a lot to me. Its my first time to come to Europe. Special thank for Andreas and his family to make it happened.
 I started to list everything i might need for this trip and things i might be doing in Norway 4 months before the date of the trip. I was pretty excited and i am still excited since im writing this post in Norway.
Well, i will share what i have done during my stay in Norway. Today is my 8th day staying here. When i arrived at Oslo airport i could feel the cold air through my nose. I never breath this cold and fresh air .. Its different from air in tropical weather country i am from. It was raining when i arrived, the temperature was around -2 celsius. It was really cold for me. It was almost 2 hours driving to Kapp,the name of area where i stay. 
Hey balls aka tractor eggs aka  marshmallow
- livestock foods

On the way to Skvaldra
On the way i enjoyed the view of the houses lightly covered by snow. But it was not much snow at that time. I heard that is caused by the warm wind from the south blows to the north, to norway. It causes the temperature in Norway was not as cold as the winter supposed to be which is around -15 to -25. Well i guess thats luck for me. Since i dont get use to cold temperature. 

I enjoyed my time relaxing and visiting friends during that time. But one thing i have always been waited is the snow pours on me and playing in the snow. After 5days being in Kapp, i have not experienced the 'real' winter with thick snow around. Luckily, Andreas' family has a cabin on the mountain in Skvaldra where there is snow all winter. Yeeesss! Finally its time for me to taste snow and play with it. I was so excited.

To get to the mountain it took 1,5 hours from Kapp. Entering mountain area, snow was all around me, the street was white, trees were covered by snow, the river was frozen to be ice where the birds can freely step on it. It was amazing view i have ever seen live.

 After some minutes driving on the 'snow' street, we arrived at the cabin. But opps, there was too much snow on the path way to the cabin. It was kinda hard to get through. But there must be way; first by deeply stepping on the snow, second, by crawling on the snow :) We did it. 

We got to the cabin and got warm inside. Dont worry, in every house or cabin in NOrway has heater, electronic heater or fireplace inside the house. It is awesome country i think.
 Back to the cabin. After i got warm and changed my wet socks, i went out to shuffle the snow and yes i tasted the snow! It tastes exactly the same as smooth ice in my fridge at home. Haha.. 

Then i tried to make a snow angel but i failed. I will try next time . Hihi Time went really fast. We had to go home cause we had dinner invitation. On the way home i saw a really nice sunset view.. I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment