welcome

Welcome to Vacances, a blog where I share a snip of my traveling experience.
Here you will find some recommended places worth to travel,, most of them are places in Bali and around. But you may also find some places outside Indonesia..
Enjoy!!

Friday, October 17, 2014

Bandung,Hunting Clothing Material



Here I am, at home in Bali. But I am going to share a short trip when I was going to Bandung for a special purpose in really short time. It was at end of August. Taking a flight to Bandung from Denpasar with Airasia, as always, as it is cheaper than others.
 Arrived there around 10 in the morning, being picked up by a driver we have known from the previous trip. We straightly went to the place where we were supposed to go. To find some clothing materials since we were going to make a new design for the shop.

Cibadak street
 Our first stop was Cibadak around Thamrin area, here lays many many many stores selling various kinds of material. Canvas, Denim, Cotton, from 100% Cotton to 10 % of it, Polyester, Spandex, Rayon, and many more, I forgot. 

Had 30 minutes walk, we did not get what we wanted. Then we took another drive to an area where we can buy small capacity of cloth, which is the rest cloth from the garment or factory. It is common when a big branded clothing company did not use all the materials, they sell it to the stores in this area, called Cigondewah.
After 15 minutes of walk separatedly, one of us found a shop which sold what we were looking for all day long. It was such a treasure finding. Ha.. We surely bought kilos of cloth and packed them all and shipped it to Bali.
affordable hotel where we stayed
Finally we were free from duty. Yiihhaaaa. Here is the time for shopping and having a little trip. But first, we went to the hotel and got relaxed some.  
view from the hotel room
Bandung traffic on Saturday morning

After a while, We went out to have dinner but of course before that, we spared some minutes to surf ‘The Secret’ fashion outlet. From the large number of choices, I could not decide what I wanted. 
I got nothing and went to the next outlet named ‘Heritage’. Here I found my lovely white short pants. I love it and it’s a hundred k, cheap right? Those two stores were enough at that time. Time to fill my tummy with something called food. 
Then, the driver drove us to a so-called food market, yet, lets make it sound better, an exclusive food court. There are many small food stalls offer diversity of food. :p
This place is called ……… I forgot, I need to check Mr. Google first. Oh ya, it is ‘Paskal Food Market’.
Unfortunately I could not capture the place since I was not having battery on my phone and camera, which the camera is on my phone. But for sure Mr. Google can show you how the place looks like.
On the flight home
One tip when you are here, don’t worry where to pay because there are many cashiers on every direction. SSssstt, I did not see those cashiers, and I went there and here like an iron since I only saw one and only cashier near the entrance. Puha! I just realized about the presence of other cashiers when I was going to go home.
The next day it was only me alone, my partners flied to Singapore for some business matter. What can I do alone? Shopping for sure. :D I went to ‘Rumah Mode’ factory outlet and I found what I wanted and bought those international branded tops with a smile on my face. Yes!!!..  I got them cheap. 
At the end, i went back home alone and satisfied :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment