welcome

Welcome to Vacances, a blog where I share a snip of my traveling experience.
Here you will find some recommended places worth to travel,, most of them are places in Bali and around. But you may also find some places outside Indonesia..
Enjoy!!

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Wonderful Summer Time in Norway


This year I finally can visit Norway in the Summer time. I have been waiting for this time to come. It was on July -August 2015. I had one month holiday in Norway, the best holiday I have ever had to date. Special thanks to my beloved boss for letting me having one month leave (hehe) and to my family in Norway to make it happen.

I wonder where to start, hmmm. Let's start from the airport, Gardermoen Oslo Airport. This time I was picked up by my beloved mother and father in low going to be (hihi). Happy time after a long flight from Bali.
As usual after having a long flight Bali-Oslo I felt sick being in the car on the way home to Gjovik, Kapp. As a result we stopped for a while in the middle of the ride. Along the way home I could see the differences that weather impacts to the environment and the people and the use of energy.

When we arrived home I saw how beautiful the garden turned to be, compared with the view I saw when in winter. "Wow it is the real summer! Everything was so beautiful, the lake, grass, trees, plants, air, animals, surrounding. Perfect. What a cozy feeling being home in the summer. (I call it home because i always feel like home to be here (my second home after Bali)).

A couple of days we spent to just enjoying the nature and relaxing at home. And yess I have a new hobby now, fishing. As the lake is just right at the back of the house we often just take a boat and go fishing for couple hours. I really enjoyed it. Never thought I would like fishing imagining a boring time waiting the fish to eat the bait.


Oh ya, my another favourite activity during summer in Kapp is picking strawberries, raspberries, sweet cherries in the garden. What a joy to have such a botanical garden just out of the backdoor.

This summer I had a chance to travel to the west of Norway, GEIRANGER ..!!! :D

Geiranger is a small tourist village in Sunnmore of More og Romsdal county in west Norway. In here you can see a super beautiful nature you have imagined. The fresh air and clean environment with good people, it gets me goosebumps everytime I talk about this place.

It is really recommended to take a car ferry Geiranger-Hellesylt as you will see steep mountains and wild waterfalls with wonderful nature scenery. On the ferry, there will be an audio guide which telling you more information of the attraction of this fjord. The audio guide is in several languages: Norwegian, English, Germany, Japanese, and some others I cannot recognised :P.
The ferry costs around 245 Norwegian Kroner per person and it is worth it for one hour cruising to see the lanscape of this, one on the list of UNESCO World Heritage.

Another interesting object is the zig zag road on the steep mountain when arriving on Geiranger harbour. It does look scary on the picture and on the real life. I wonder how they made that road.



I will end this writing with my impression from this trip, "what a wonderful world we are living in, love the nature to live long".






1 comment:

  1. Oh beautiful! Would love to visit Northway someday 😍

    ReplyDelete